Sunday, July 25, 2010

making things makes me happy

I wish I could take credit for any of these ideas but I actually found them all online and made them my own. I have to say I love them all and I wish I could come up with these things myself.

First I found a .50 cent picture frame at a yard sale:
I spray painted it, glued some fabric onto the backing, cleaned the glass and made it the centerpiece of my coffee table:
I love the way it turned out and have had to control myself from buying every picture frame I see to create trays for every empty spot in my house!

I bought a drill awhile back and I finally bought masonry drill bits so that I could hang a few things on my deck that have been hanging out in my basement wayyyy to long. I put them up this morning and realized I needed to add something to the little box underneath the mirrored window. Then I remembered a cute set of little birdies some way crafty lady had done for her daughter and figured I could try to recreate a few for the box.
Here is my drill I have fell in love with and the things it helped me hang on my deck.


I found some scraps of fabric that were my great grandmothers and started making the birdies!













I made a bird template- ironed and cut out the fabric.








Sewed together both sides- cut out a heart from felt and attached it for the wing.











Stuffed birdie and sewed on the beak...







Sewed up his tummy and glued on an eye

and put him in his new nest outside!
Now off to make two more friends for him!



2 comments:

  1. Ashley, that tray is wonderful! You did such a great job on it! I can't believe you "stole" it for $.50!! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your picture frame turned tray is fabulous! I absolutely love it!!! Great job.

    Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete